Wednesday 22 April 2015

Stress Is Contagious

Did you know that stress can be contagious?


Have you ever worked with someone who is 'stressed out' and noticed that it affected your energy, your mood or even your work performance?  If you're at all like me, you would've noticed - for sure!!

There's new research out that shows that stress is contagious, just like the flu!

What the reserachers discovered is that the body's responses to stress, i.e., the changes in hormone etc, occur even when you're just watching someone who is stressed!!

Now, I'm sure you're all aware that some stress is necessary in our lives. That short spurts of stress are actually good for our bodies, that it promotes survival in us all.

What isn't so good for us is chronic stress.  This type of stress has been related to obesity and cardiovascular disease so it's something we wish to avoid if we can!!

How To Combat Chronic Stress & Reduce Obesity

As chronic stress has been related to obesity, it would be a fair assumption that reducing one can reduce the other.  So, the question I asked myself was, how do I reduce chronic stress?

Answer:

  1. Relaxation
  2. Meditation
  3. Deep breathing
  4. Exercise
  5. Adaptogenic herbs
I'm sure you've found plenty of information before on the first four ways of reducing your stress, but what do you know about adaptogenic herbs?

Adaptogenic herbs can affect many different parts of our bodily systems, including our hormones and immune systems.  The active components of some herbs have been shown to regulate the stress response.  Some herbs that I use daily include:

  • rhodiola
  • wolfberry
  • ashwagandha
  • amla berry

Now, I don't take these individually, as that would be just another stress, working out how much to take, when to take them etc. So, I use a wonderful product (yes, I also sell it!!) that assists me in regulating my body's response to any stresses that occur during the day.  So, for example, it may be a physical stress, such as when I'm cleansing my body, it allows me to adapt to reduce my body's stress, or it may be when unexpected emotional stress occurs during the day, my reaction is now moderated due to the herbs I take daily.

If you'd like more information, please contact me to discover how you too can reduce your stress, especially if you're running out of time to undertake yoga, meditation, deep breathing or exercise!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your story too